Thursday, June 24, 2010

NO IDEAS!

I don't have as much stuff as I would like to for this post, but I got a new dog and that's distracting me, plus I'm loosing ideas for drawing in general which means I need to refuel on some learning soon.

This first page is based on the awesome James Kochalka's American Elf strip about not needing any ideas to draw: read it here you should also check out Box Brown's and Niko Anesti's

Now for the paper.











Still struggling with drawing street scenes, it's half my perspective drawing understanding is so basic that everythign lines up too well, and half I don't know what to put on half of the stuff, most of what I see is boring strip mall junk living too far in the suburbs.


And here's two more pages of that comic that may or may not be going anywhere:



UPDATE:
Check this out! You might even be better off to go to youtube and watch it in 720, it's worth it:

via @JessFink who is awesome on twitter and her blog: http://finkenstein.livejournal.com

No comments: