Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So the key to being productive is staying up until 4 in the morning and then sleeping until noon, in this way I've gotten everything I need to done and had time for doodling! Of course this might be because I have a lot less to do than I have in the past few weeks.







Today I got some new col-erase pencils, finally colors other than blue and red, needless to say I went a bit nuts.


I tried to control myself though, so it's mostly just light blue and purple that got added in with great joy, I wish they had given me a violet instead of three browns though.

This was a drawing for class, we were supposed to look at works by 3 artists and do something with the ideas found in one or a combination of their works, the only one I can remember off the top of my head is Robert Longo, who I chose to take my idea from based on this image. Initially it was going to be based on the Charlie Brown Christmas dance scene, but I felt like I was copying too much and even in Bill Melendez's animation, Peanuts is all about the lines to me, so I used that to inspire the poses and just made a non-specific Fleischer-esque dude. This is our only open-ended assignment so I decided I was going to have fun with it.


and here are some little crappy comics, I was going to try to draw 200 comics in a short time span, but I got to three before I decided I didn't have time to do this until summer break.

finally cool videos:

this is amazing


and one more


and then there's this:



okay, that's all for now



No comments: